Thursday, June 29, 2023

the road that they walked on was paved in gold

I didn't get enough sleep last night, but I rallied and met Caroline for breakfast. We went to Snooze, which is a little hilarious bc it's a Denver chain, but it was tasty. Then we went to an art museum that was surprisingly excellent - the rich people in Kansas City did a great job going to Europe after the war and buying cloisters to ship back. More seriously, I really liked the museum, and it was free, so I would happily go back.

Then we had a snack at the museum, came back to the hotel, and parted ways to chill for awhile. We had an early dinner at Jack Stack, where the barbecue is excellent (although they already only had patio seating at 5pm and it was 100 degrees, so even though we were in the shade, we didn't linger). Then we had a final drink at the hotel before parting ways - Caroline is driving back to Colorado early tomorrow, and so she went to bed early tonight.

I stayed in the bar and finished the book I was reading, which was a fun endeavor that probably didn't help my headache. And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: