Wednesday, January 10, 2024

i don't wanna wait to do this one more time

I was taken completely and utterly by surprise tonight when [censored] casually mentioned that we're supposed to get another 8+" of snow tomorrow night and Friday. The weather forecast has drastically degraded - I already knew that it won't get above zero for a few days, but another 8" of snow is a kick in the teeth.

However, when I didn't know that, I managed to have a great day. It was sunny for most of the morning / early afternoon, and I managed to get a bunch of stuff done. I also had the last of the leftover pasta for lunch, which was delish. I had a couple of meetings with various people, did some house stuff, and then went into town for a library board meeting. The roads weren't bad at all on the way there (mostly because I live on a paved road and the paved roads are in decent shape; any gravel roads are probably dicey). And the meeting was good, so I'm glad we still had it. But when I left the meeting an hour later, it was snowing again, and it had already obscured the center line markers on the way home.

When I got home, I talked to [censored] while making dinner (the usual burrito bowls, which were as good as always). We also watched a bit of tv while digesting, which was fun. And now I need to go to bed so I can get up tomorrow and run a variety of errands and tings before the snow and cold really kick in - goodnight!

No comments: