Saturday, January 06, 2024

in the morning there'll be hell to pay somewhere along the line

Today was v. similar, in many respects, to yesterday - it was dreary outside, and I got more done than I expected to despite the weather. I also had the same breakfast (coffee) and the same lunch (chicken taco meat + brown rice + avocado), so there is almost nothing to distinguish today from yesterday.

However, the evening was different - [censored] and I went out to Mom and Dad's, where we finished watching the Iowa State/Oklahoma basketball game. Mom made beef and noodles with mashed potatoes -she tried using a gluten free fettuccine that I like, and they turned out perfectly. Pasta can't completely replace her old homemade egg noodles, but it got pretty close, and I was v. happy to eat them.

After we cleaned up, we tried a game of Ticket to Ride: San Francisco, which [censored] had gotten me for Christmas. It was pretty similar to regular Ticket to Ride, but the map is a lot smaller, and the verdict was that the neighbordhoods/locations were hard to read in the hippie-ish font that the game used. But it was fun to try something different, even if [censored] did win.

And now, I need to go to bed (at some point in the next two hours) - goodnight!

No comments: