Thursday, January 18, 2024

kill the headlights and put it in neutral

I had a pretty decent day, but I'm a little unhappy that we're back to cold / wind / generally abysmal conditions. The day didn't start like that - it was sunny when I woke up, but I missed a lot of it because I slept until nine. I took care of a variety of tings in the morning, trimmed my bangs, took a shower, ate some leftover tofu (truly excellent), and then went into town to get allergy shots.

The allergy shots were fine(ish) - some reaction, but it's dying down. When I came home, the roads were totally fine - and then I got a call from the hospital saying that someone had canceled their mammogram due to weather, and they asked me if I could come in for that slot (in less than an hour). Since I had called earlier in the day to schedule one and they said it might take a couple of months since they were short on techs, I decided to take them up on it. But in the hour that I was home, my windshield iced over, and it started snowing, and the roads started drifting, and I skidded at the corner of the road that leads from the highway to the hospital. And the roads were even worse when I left, so I was glad that I was in and out in twenty-five minutes.

So I came home, did some tings, and took down almost all of my Christmas decorations (except the tree itself, but the ornaments are now all in the basement). I also continued my farmer's cheese experiment, and we'll see how it turns out. I ate leftover pulled pork with a baked potato, sent some emails, and greeted [censored] when he arrived after a harrowing journey home. And now, I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: