Sunday, January 14, 2024

i want to take you for granted

It continues to be ridiculously cold here - so cold that [censored] couldn't get [censored] to start, and so the truck is sitting in my driveway despite having its engine block heater plugged in for several hours. The cold is ridiculous, but we're getting more of the same tomorrow.

Despite the ongoing snow days, I woke up earlier than usual just so that I could put a pork shoulder in the oven to roast all day. Putting it in at eight meant taking it out around five, and then I let it rest before shredding it. It turned out deliciously, if I do say so myself, and it was extremely hands off (until the shredding process at the end, which is extremely hands on - but the new bear claws I got for Christmas helped).

While the pork cooked all day, I wrote in the morning and then cleaned upstairs all afternoon. And then, when eating dinner, [censored] and I watched Barbie, which I liked a lot. I think it was a little too hyped over the last few months for me to watch it without expectations, but it was fun, so I'm glad I finally got to see it.

Then I came upstairs and finished reading THURSDAY MURDER CLUB, which was fantastic. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: