Friday, January 05, 2024

the way is long but you can make it easy on me

I had about as good of a day as I could have when the weather felt bleak - it's well-documented that I don't do as well when the skies are grey, which does not bode well for January. But I got up this morning (at a more civilized hour than the last two days), made some coffee, showered, and then wrote for about three hours. This made me feel v. satisfied with myself, even if I was starving by the end of it.

Luckily, while I was writing I also made some fresh brown rice in my rice cooker, so lunch was fresh rice + leftover chicken taco meat + avocado and sour cream, and it was delicious. [censored] had gone on an expedition this morning before I woke up, but returned just before I ate lunch, so we discussed what [censored] had done (yes, I'm censoring as per usual, but you're not missing much).

Then I ran some errands of my own, came home, messed around and took care of a couple of tasks, and then headed east. I went to Nancy and Dan's house for a glass of wine before driving them to dinner - Nancy and I spent a lot of time together during the mural festival but hadn't seen each other in awhile, and so we got together tonight. We ended up going to Honey Creek, which is a resort on Lake Rathbun - it's v. unusual for around here, and it's struggled in the past, but it's under new ownership (who Nancy and Dan are friends with) and I was pretty impressed with what they've done so far. I thought the food was average, but they're between chefs and it sounds like they're getting someone good, so hopefully that improves. But the rest of the property was quite nice, so I would go back and check it out in a few months.

When we were done, I dropped them off at home and got myself to my house before it started snowing - which is a good thing, because we've gotten more in the last hour than I thought we would. And now I need to go to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: