Tuesday, January 23, 2024

maybe if you just got some guts we'd kill 'em with a thousand cuts

I did not get enough done today - I did if I stay home all day tomorrow, but I think there's a chance I will go to Des Moines tomorrow night so that I can catch my flight on Thursday without dealing with fog/ice, and that compresses my usual packing timeline. I also theoretically have some meetings/appointments tomorrow, although some of that may have to shift if I'm going to leave in the early evening.

Other than too-low productivity, my day was good - I did a bunch of laundry and a bunch of house stuff, figured out outfits to pack, ran some local errands, etc. And I had my parents over for dinner - we had a v. odd dinner, since I made the shrimp alfredo that my dad likes, but then I made Ukrainian cheese pancakes for 'dessert'. Both dishes turned out v. well, if I do say so myself, but they aren't usually served as part of the same meal (or in the same country). And it was good to see them before my trip - making dinner was worth not having to get my car dirty by trying to get to their house, which might have been difficult anyway given the extreme amounts of snow/mud between here and there.

After they left, I did more packing, figured out my toiletries, etc. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: