Tuesday, January 09, 2024

look at the night and it don't seem so lonely

We have thus far survived the epic snowstorm -- we got a little less snow than expected, but still more snow than anyone would probably want. It doesn't help that it's unlikely to melt off, and that we will probably get some more later this week...before the temperatures sink below zero and stay there for a couple of days. 2024 is off to a cold start!

But today was lovely, all in all. I slept later than planned, but I did get a couple of really good hours of writing in over the course of the day. I also dealt with a bunch of emails that I had been neglecting - never enough, but better than nothing. [Censored] and I had leftover cajun andouille/shrimp pasta for the third day, and I am astonished that this is the first pasta dish ever that keeps getting better with age. I also talked to Katie for awhile, and she was an utter delight.

At some point, I vacated my desk and peeled potatoes so that we could have a fresh batch of mashed potatoes, and I resimmered last night's beef stew (which also gets better with age). We ate it while watching the ISU vs Houston men's basketball game, and it was a doozy - very fun to watch, and more fun because the Cyclones won. Welcome to the Big 12, Houston, I hope you hate it here.

After that, I cleaned up the kitchen, did a bit more work and a bit more writing, etc. But now I think I'm going to crawl into bed and either go to sleep (good idea) or read a book (good idea that is destined to keep me up until two a.m., which is a bad idea). Goodnight!

No comments: