Sunday, January 07, 2024

and i'll dream each night of some version of you that might not have, but i did not lose

A winter storm is bearing down on us, and while I didn't do all that much to prepare for it today, I could feel it looming. I did go to the grocery store twice -- once to get the actual things on my list, and then again when I found some andouille sausage in the fridge and decided to make a cajun andouille and shrimp pasta for dinner. The ridiculous part of that decision was that the sausage was three weeks past the date, and so I bought fresh andouille at the grocery store (along with the other tings I needed), none of which was necessary because I had planned to make something else tonight anyway.

But I get a lot of joy out of trying new recipes, so I'm glad I put in the effort. I made the recipe mostly as written, although I doubled the quantities of everything except the pasta - I used gluten free fettuccine, and that stuff soaks up any liquid that it encounters. I think if I made it again, I would dice the peppers and onions instead of slicing them - and perhaps serve it over rice instead of pasta, but that's all tbd. All that said, it was a worthy first effort, and I think I'll keep it as part of the extended repertoire.

Other than that, I have nothing much to report - I did ride my Peloton for the first time in ages, which felt great. I also did some writing tonight and figured out a scene that was blocking me, so hopefully I can get into it tomorrow. And now, I need to go to bed - there's some stuff I want to get done before the snow arrives tomorrow, so I have some incentive to wake up in the morning. Goodnight!

No comments: