Friday, January 12, 2024

it's been a long december

I'm not sure what day it is anymore - it has felt like a weekend all week, and I think the actual weekend will start going a little feral. Yesterday was a mad dash to do everything before last night's insane weather started - I made three trips to town yesterday, which is three more than I usually make. But I got groceries before the store was out of milk, then went to a board meeting, and then went back for a third time to get allergy shots. I also got gas in my car, dropped off some stuff at the post office, dropped off some donations at Redeemed, and generally got ready to hunker down.

Yesterday's freedom feels like a distant memory now - we got a whole bunch of snow last night and today, and winds of 30-40mph today have made travel impossible. [Censored] did a lot of driveway clearing with the tractor, but I suspect that it will look untouched by morning. But we got the tractor into the garage and put my car out into the tender mercies of the elements - in the grand scheme of the upcoming weather, a tractor is way more useful than an Audi, so it got priority over my stupid German car.

Beyond that, I had a pretty good day - I didn't get enough done, but it felt like a snow day, so I'm being lenient. I did have a chat with my old editor and she gave me some suggestions / market insights, which was great. And I made salmon teriyaki for dinner, which was a nice change from leftover beef stew and burrito bowls.

I wrapped up the night by watching some Family Guy with [censored], and then I read the first half of THURSDAY MURDER CLUB, which my editor recommended and which is hilarious. And now I need to sleep before I let myself stay up way too late to finish it - goodnight!

No comments: