Monday, January 29, 2024

farewell my room of lies, have you gone at last

I had an excellent day, all in all - except for the lack of sleep, which was caused by staying up too late + sleeping in a bed with a squeaky frame and poor pillows (note: I played the evil mother-in-law in The Princess and the Pea once, and I can guarantee any princess would have reacted poorly to this bed). I woke up around 5:30am and couldn't go back to sleep, although I did doze a bit from 7-8am. But I can hear the ocean crashing through my window, and I got a ton of sun today, so I am absolutely not going to complain.

When I did get up, I took a quick shower and then walked to Starbucks (another thing I'm not going to complain about) to get a venti cold brew and some egg bites. Then I wrote for a couple of hours while sitting in the sun on the roof deck - and I talked to Annika and Veronica too. At that point, it was getting too hot for my princess-y constitution, so I went downstairs, cooled down, and ordered a poke bowl for lunch.

After I ate, I eventually succumbed to the desire for a nap, which saved me. And then I did some more writing this afternoon - I'm toying with a new storyline, which I'm v. excited about, but it's early days.

Finally, it was time for dinner - we ordered Mediterranean, and I was delighted with my chicken kebab and all the ridiculous conversation (and the 'vodka shots', which were extremely small sips of some local vodka that Christie made us take). And now, I think I'm going to go to bed early and hope to reset my body for a week of productivity ahead - goodnight!

No comments: