Tuesday, April 24, 2018

favoritos, favoritos baby

I slept horribly last night - I woke up at 4am thinking of everything I needed to do immediately, and I barely slept after that. So today was an exercise in pain - I felt foggy all day, which didn't help my mood.

However, it wasn't all terrible - I had some meetings, got some serious work done, picked up lunch and then carried it around for 90min because I was too busy to eat it, and had a meeting with my boss. I spent the afternoon in more meetings, as you may have guessed, but one was an hour of straight gossip, so that was super fun.

Then I worked for another ninety minutes before grabbing a drink with Alice and Chris at Smugglers Cove - apparently we only go to tiki bars now (one of my other direct reports, who couldn't make it, has started calling me tiki boss - very on brand). We then had a quick dinner at Mazzat, and then I parted ways with them, came to my hotel, and worked until I started falling asleep. I was writing an email to my landlord at the end and wanted to say something about fire risk, but instead typed santa ana winds - which is, after all, a fire risk, but not the one I had in mind, which is an amusing trick played by my tired brain.

So now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: