Sunday, April 29, 2018

I still haven't found what I'm looking for

I arrived in Dublin tonight and the taxi driver was playing U2. Stereotypical, but i loved it.

Today was both leisurely and way too intense - leisurely because I got plenty of sleep, had breakfast, then slept for another hour before checking out, and intense because my Fitbit says I walked eight miles and climbed 26 flights of stairs. I spent the afternoon at the Louvre...or I spent the afternoon around the Louvre, at least. The line was long and rainsoaked when I got there, so I bought a ticket on my phone for a timed entrance an hour later and waited for my turn while drinking tea on a terrace overlooking the pyramid in the plaza. This was entirely the right choice, since I stayed dry and then was in the museum in less than five minutes when my time came. #winning

Of course, I only had a couple of hours, so I ran around and saw what I could - mostly focused on ancient statues, which tells you the young adult novel is on my mind again. I left around 4:30, made a stop at Mariage Freres to buy tea, then went back to my hotel and ate a v quick snack before heading to the airport.

The rest of my night was super smooth - no issues with checking in, and I had time to have more food and a glass of wine before boarding. And now that I'm settled into my hotel and have talked to my parents and unpacked, I should really sleep - the office beckons tomorrow, alas. Goodnight!

No comments: