Wednesday, April 11, 2018

love lies bleeding

I'm back in Boulder, and I'm still too tired to tell you about all the fun I had last night...after getting back from the concert, I "slept" in an incredibly uncomfortable bed, which meant I awoke this morning feeling like death. I didn't have it as bad as [censored], who had to drive home and go to work this morning, but I still feel like complaining.

However, we had breakfast with the parents before parting ways, and then my parents drove me to Des Moines (French for 'the moines') and kicked me out at the airport on their way home. We were originally going to have lunch and I was going to kill several hours at the airport, but I managed to get on an earlier flight, which was perfect. So, I got home around three, laid on the couch for awhile to deal with the effects of overheating (It was 81 degrees when I got to Denver, which was v. different from Iowa), and then took a nap rather than being productive.

But I rallied and went down the street to eat a delish cobb salad at River and Woods, where I wrote a few pages about a possible book and also chatted up the bartender. And now it's only 9:25, but I think I'll go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: