Sunday, April 15, 2018

i want a new drug

I had a lovely day, but I shouldn't have stayed up this late. Yesterday was pretty good too - I spent some quality time at the office, but skipped out at 3:30 to have happy hour with Nicole, who I am determined to befriend. She seems equally determined to befriend me, since she was all in on ordering a whole bottle of wine to split - this is the makings of something delightful. We also had some nachos and some brussels sprouts, and a whole lot of gossip, which was great. Her husband showed up later, so we finished our drinks with him, and then they dropped me off at my place. I then spent the rest of the night doing nothing and watching Top Chef, which was the perfect night.

Today, I had brunch with Katie - she drove up to Boulder, and we walked over to River and Woods, which is becoming one of my favorite spots. We had much to discuss, which we accomplished over a tasty breakfast...and then we went to Sephora, where I had a 15% off deal that we made v. heavy use of. Yes, almost all of my money goes toward food and vanity.

After we parted ways, I retrieved my car, came home, took a nap, and dealt with tax stuff. Then I walked to Boxcar, where I had some tea and wrote for awhile. After that, I got a pedicure - I'm headed for California this week (SoCal, not NorCal), and I was eager to get my feet looking a bit more well-kept before I go. Then, I tried a Greek restaurant I hadn't been to before (verdict: totally fucking delicious), came home, tried to write and instead wasted a lot of time online, and then watched the last two episodes of Top Chef Colorado. And then, of course, I went deep into a rabbit hole of finding out what happened to all of those people after the season ended.

And now I really must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: