Wednesday, April 04, 2018

lightning crashes

I want to blog all the words, but I'm too tired - I got up earlier than I wanted this morning so I could run an errand before work, and then I slogged pretty hard all day (well, sort of hard). But I skipped out at 4:15 and drove to Denver, where I met Katie for drinks and dinner at Root Down. Root Down wasn't quite as charming as it usually is, since the bartender was fairly terrible (both of Katie's drinks were truly awful; I stuck to wine, which was safer, but still).

However, Katie and I made the most of it, and had a generally wonderful/hilarious time. We went back to her place after and I said hi to the girls, who only terrorized me a little bit, and then James put them to bed while Katie and I continued to gossip (and listen to 1990's classics) for a bit. Then I came home and spent the last 1.5hrs putting together a page for my Stanford class reunion book - the deadline was tonight, so of course I waited until tonight to do it. Stupid.

But now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: