Wednesday, April 25, 2018

this is the remix

I somehow only got six hours of sleep again last night...I am slowly dying here. And tonight isn't going to be any better - I have to pack, sleep, shower, and leave super early to drive to Mountain View in time to give a nine a.m. presentation (which I probably still need to put another 30min of work into).

But tomorrow I have two meetings, and then I drive to the airport and fly business class to Paris, so things could be worse, amirite? Granted, one meeting is a presentation to my boss that I'm not ready for, and one is my team meeting (which I'm also not ready for). But then it's all smooth sailing.

So yeah, today was painful in some ways (lots of fires), but good in others (lots of 1:1 conversations with people whom I adore). Then I picked up a rental car and made the mistake of driving to Burlingame at rush hour - it wasn't a mistake to see Barbara and Anne, since I've been feeling seriously in need of some writer friend time to remind me that there is more to my life than presentations, but it was a mistake to try to go anywhere at rush hour. We had a relatively quick dinner at Limon, where I had some totally awesome empanadas and a glass of wine that wasn't enough to fix my woes (although the amount of wine necessary to fix my woes would have rendered me unable to drive, let alone able to finish the work I had to do tonight).

When we were done, I drove back to the city of sin, and I sat in the lobby for the last hour working on the presentation because I knew I would just go to sleep if I tried to work on my bed. But I'm done for now, so it's time to throw stuff in a suitcase and go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: