Sunday, April 15, 2018

wake up we need to make money

I really want to go to bed right now and not let myself stay up until 1:30 like I did last night. I didn't get up as early as I would have liked this morning because of that mistake, but I took care of a bunch of stuff around the house before driving down to Castle Rock to have lunch with Aunt B, her scandalous pirate husband, and the SPH's daughter and her two toddlers. I got there after they'd eaten, but I had some quality time with Aunt B while the rest of them took a walk, so that was great.

Then I drove back to Boulder, and I talked to my parents on the way. When I got here, I did about thirty minutes of stuff around the house, and then I walked to the Hotel Boulderado to meet up with Barbara and her daughter Kristen, who are in town for the next couple of days. In a fun twist of fate, I hired Kristen to join my team, so she was out here looking at apartments...which I'm super thrilled about, because a) I like Kristen and b) it means I'll probably see Barbara more often.

So we had drinks at the Boulderado and talked about writing and life, and then we walked to The Kitchen, where we had a v. tasty dinner and more conversation. It was a fun end to the weekend - I didn't get nearly enough done, but #noregrets.

And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: