Thursday, April 19, 2018

i tried my imagination but i was disturbed

I had a v. lovely day, all in all, but I should have either slept better last night or gone to bed earlier tonight. I didn't sleep well last night, and I awoke earlier than I wanted to to an email that I had no interest in dealing with (which ended up being moot by the end of the day, but I didn't expect that outcome at 7:30am).

So, I put on some power red lipstick, had breakfast at my hotel, and headed to the conference. It was great - especially a segment involving the animation of Ariel (from The Little Mermaid) and Beast (from Beauty and the Beast), which made me long for the days when I could create stories rather than spreadsheets....

But I actually like my job, so c'est la vie. I was pretty diligent most of the afternoon, but I did skip out at some point to network with people from my olden days. I eventually ended up having drinks with my old team at the tiki bar that I went to last night - Tomas was there, of course, as were a bunch of other people. When Eugene showed up, he and I split off from the rest of the group and went for dinner - I had a mojito and some wine and some okayish paella, and my conversation with Eugene was as amusing as it always is.

We parted ways after that, and I wandered around and eventually met up with a bunch of people from work (including Tomas, whom I found eventually, and some other people from Boulder). I also paired wine with cotton candy, which was as disgusting as you can imagine.

But all fun must end, and I need to sleep right now because I have some stupid breakfast in the morning that I can't be late for. Wish me luck with that - goodnight!

No comments: