Monday, April 09, 2018

our old friend fear and you and me

I'm not ready to go to bed yet, but I'm blogging now so that I'm not tempted to slack off later. Today was an okay day, all in all - I procrastinated more than I should have, and I probably should have gone outside for some fresh air, but so far so good. I slept late, then spent much of the late morning/afternoon journaling - both the bullet journal artistic stuff that I like to do + the deep ruminations that I've been avoiding. I'm making a serious attempt to get back into my writing career, and journaling helps me with that.

But my writing career also involves money and taxes, which I've definitely been putting off...so I spent several hours tonight going through receipts and reconciling Quickbooks. I'm not done, so I'm going to do some more until I fall asleep, but I'm getting closer. However, I had to take a break for the last hour and file an expense report for the day job, since it was also getting close to overdue (and at some point the system starts emailing your manager to rat you out for not submitting your report, so I was trying to avoid that). Yes, my life is glamorous. Can you tell I really don't like doing all this admin stuff?

Beyond that, I have nothing to report - and I have to wake up in the morning and pack my stuff to continue onward toward the next part of my Iowa adventure (hint: it involves ukuleles). Goodnight!

No comments: