Wednesday, January 16, 2019

twenty-inch blades on the impala

I had to drive down to Mountain View today, in the rain, which is an excellent reminder of why I don't live here. The drive back in the rain was even more of a reminder. However, my day itself was totally fine (albeit stressful - I had to get a Mountain Dew, which is always a tell). And I got back to the city of sin in time to have drinks with my team - we tried a new tiki bar (Zombie Village), which was v. v. delightful (and v. v. rum-filled), After, we went to dinner at a restaurant that is the sister of Lers Ros - I love Lers Ros, but this restaurant may have been even better. And we ended with a drink at some bar next to Whiskey Thieves. It's funny how all of these references are missing actual names, and are just references to things next door to  / across the street from things that were around when I used to live here. Things change, I guess....but lucky for you, this blog is still going strong despite the fact that we're living in a totally different universe than we were in 2004.

But that's a bit too much introspection for my current mood, and I need to go to bed right now if I have any hope of surviving tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: