Sunday, January 20, 2019

I'm high as a kite, I just might stop to check you out

I took it much easier than planned in deference to my sinus situation....I slept a lot, had breakfast at the hotel instead of anywhere I wanted to go, journaled a bit, showered, and then spent some time at the mall trying to use new purchases to fill the void where my health should live. I wasn't entirely successful, since the one thing I wanted (a new smartwatch) was actively discouraged by the woman selling it, since she quietly told me a new one is coming next week. But it was a nice indulgent way to spend the afternoon....

I also took a brief nap, then got ready and had an early dinner with Lauren (aka Subz) at Al's Place. I hit peak San Francisco during that meal, since I paid over a hundred dollars mostly to eat lettuce (and a dish topped with "microcilantro") - also, they were trying to accommodate both my gluten issues and Lauren's desire not to eat beef/chicken, and so we ate a lot of trout, which I am only mildly interested in. Sadly, they had missed the fish-only directive and brought out a steak tartare that looked amazeballs before Lauren sent it back. But the food was still good, and of course the company was excellent.

And now I need to sleep and hopefully recover enough that I can get on a plane tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: