Monday, January 21, 2019

i know what to do when our love is on fire

I'm back in Colorado and my ears survived the plane ride, although it was touch and go for a minute. Also, I didn't walk into my house until two a.m., which was an annoying end to my trip. But the bulk of today was great. I slept in, showered, got some coffee, packed, and then checked out of my hotel, where I negotiated $50 off the bill because they'd painted my door without telling me yesterday and I noticed this morning that I'd gotten some paint on my coat. I don't know if it will come out, but luckily it's in a place that my hair usually covers (I was holding the coat over my arm when I got paint on it, not rubbing my neck against the door like a weirdo).

After that, I grabbed my car and picked up Vidya (the Chandlord) and took her over to Geary to have lunch at My Tofu House. I've never had lunch there, but I was really feeling the desire for spicy soft tofu soup due to my sinus situation, and Chandlord was also getting sick and in need of soup. So, this was the perfect place to catch up - it wasn't as much of a zoo as it sometimes is at night, and the soup really hit the spot (and was like $18 and didn't have any microcilantro, but did have beef and clams and shrimp and an egg, so it may have been an upgrade over last night, but don't tell anyone or my foodie card will be revoked).

Chandlord was in good spirits and we had much to discuss, so we lingered over the soup until there was nothing left to linger over. Then we went over to Adit and Priyanka's (and took Priyanka some soup, since no one in our friend group can resist it) and hung out with them for a bit. I hadn't gotten the full tour of their house last weekend since the kids were asleep upstairs when I arrived, so today Priyanka made us some chai, and then they gave us the tour. They did a really nice job with the renovation, so now I have all sorts of ideas for what I want to do when I buy a house...

...but that's a topic for a different time. After the tour, Adit and Chandlord and I went for a quick coffee down the street, and then we said our farewells and I dropped Chandlord off at the Caltrain station. Just as I was pulling away, I got a text saying my flight was delayed - and I almost just rescheduled for tomorrow and went to a hotel to sleep instead, but it's supposed to snow here tomorrow and I didn't want to get stranded. So I dropped off the rental car and mucked around the airport for a few hours - mostly eating, watching the end of the Chiefs/Patriots game (boo), journaling, and staring off into space since I was tired.

My flight finally boarded, my ears survived takeoff, and I slept most of the way. Unfortunately, as we were about to land, the pilot pulled up for some reason and went back around, and that repeated pressure change wasn't totally fun, but I seemed to emerge unscathed. Then I had to get out of the airport, retrieve my car, and drive home - the 45min drive from the airport isn't fun, but at least my ride (did I tell you I bought an Audi?) was smooth.

And now I'm home and my house is slowly heating up, and it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: