Wednesday, January 16, 2019

the automator

Today was an exercise in pain - I was rudely awakened by an earthquake at 4:40am (minor one, but perhaps another reminder that I don't need to live here), and when I finally dragged myself out of bed at six, I knew it was going to be painful to get through the day. I had to shower, pack, and get out of my hotel, which means I didn't leave until 7:30, which meant traffic was fairly bad.

But I made it to the office and somehow survived the day. I left around 5:30, picked up takeout sushi, and met my friends Jen and Joann - we were v. overdue for a friendship renewal, so I had fun hanging out with them tonight. Unfortunately, it's not all fun and games since Joann had to leave to avoid getting caught in the rain, and Jen and I are both workaholics who had a million things to do tonight. But at least there was a bit of fun and non-work delight to add some nice balance to my day.

And now I'm going to go to bed and hope that I survive tomorrow as well - goodnight!

No comments: