Monday, January 28, 2019

why do you build me up buttercup

I've been up for twenty hours, so it's no wonder I'm a bit sleepy - I had to get up at 4:20 to get ready for my trip, which i did not enjoy. But the trip itself was super smooth - the drive was peaceful, the airport security was fast, I had time to grab food and coffee, and my flight was actually early.

Unfortunately I worked the entire way rather than sleeping - I had so much work stuff to do, and doing stuff today made it more likely that I can ignore it all this week. When I landed, I picked up my rental car and drove to Irish Matt's house. You may remember him from my India days, or highlights like the time I drank with him for like six hours (and two waiter shifts) at the ferry building in SF. I, of course, remember way more than that, but if you don't remember him, just pretend you do.

We spent a glorious day together in the SoCal sunshine. We had brunch at a place that felt like Bali (lots of courtyards and indoor trees), and then we went to the Huntington, which I've always wanted to see. They had some amazing gardens, and also a lot of old books, which is pretty much my jam.

When we left, we had a three hour dinner (mostly margaritas) at a restaurant nearby, and then spent a couple of hours hate-watching the Hulu documentary about the Fyre Festival (which, let me tell you, makes me feel a lot better about how I set and accomplish goals at work) .

And it's time to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: