Wednesday, January 02, 2019

cherry blossom girl

As it turns out, I really didn't want to go back to work today. I spent a couple of hours this morning sitting at my desk at home, contemplating my goals for the quarter and attempting to make some sense of my to-do list before the inevitable need to talk to people actually happened. Then I went into the office, had some meetings, ate a sandwich, had some more meetings, and peaced out at 5:15 because everyone else was already gone and I felt no need to be there any longer.

So I came home, did a bit of nothing, and then did some laundry, unpacked, cleaned up my kitchen, wrote for an hour (I'm burying the lede), and took care of some requests that people had made of me. I also bought tickets for my trip to CA at the end of January (for a writing retreat, not work, although a work trip is also happening in January), sent a couple of emails to schedule stuff during those trips, etc.

And now that I've accomplished enough to feel moderately satisfied with my progress, I'm going to bed - goodnight!

No comments: