Tuesday, January 08, 2019

why does my heart feel so bad

Today got off to a rough start because I slept poorly and awoke with v. stiff shoulders, but I somehow survived it. I slogged all day and also managed to get a new laptop (not actually new, but its left shift key isn't broken, which is great because I was going insane at work trying to type on a broken keyboard). I also went to the dentist for a cleaning, which was necessary even if it didn't feel like how I wanted to spend my time today.

I took a break this evening to have an extended happy hour with another woman named Sara...and then, as soon as I dropped her off, I had a call with someone in Tokyo. Then I came home and spent the last two hours trying to get my house in some semblance of order - I leave for California tomorrow, and while I haven't packed yet, I have at least done the hardest things (like printing out my manuscript and choosing which pens to take).

But now I should sleep since I need to wake up early to pack and do some meetings before going to the airport - goodnight!

No comments: