Sunday, January 13, 2019

hot like mexico rejoice

[note: this was supposed to post last night, but apparently didn't. I'm alive!]

The nap I took this afternoon apparently wasn't enough to restore me - but I had a fabulous day in California, thanks for asking. I awoke in Heather and Salim's guest room and vacated almost immediately - Heather had lunch plans and I wanted to grab some coffee before starting the long drive up to the city.

But with Philz in hand, I made it to my first plan - lunch with Katrina at a place called the Cove, which I've somehow never been to but the menu is great. We had many things to catch up on (and we even caught up on some tings, which are totally different), and so when we were finally done lingering over coffee as much as possible, we made a stop at Falletti grocery store so that I could buy the spiced fried garbanzo beans that they make at Nopalito (Nopalito is closed for renovations, but Katrina can still get in).

Eventually, though, we said goodbye, and I ran a couple of errands and then checked into my hotel. The hotel is awesome, although I was too tired to trust my grip when it came to trying to take a picture down the middle of the stairwell that goes down seven flights of stairs. I lazed about for a few hours here, mostly reading social media, taking a nap, unpacking, and journaling.

But I had to vacate one last time - I went over to Adit and Priyanka's place for takeout, which was pretty great. I hadn't seen them together in forever, so we had quite a lovely time reconnecting and discussing career issues. And this has given me much to mull over, but I really need to sleep before I continue - goodnight!

No comments: