Tuesday, January 01, 2019

when the evening shadows and the stars appear

I'm back in Colorado and I'm not particularly enthused to go back to work tomorrow, but I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling that way. Today was mostly uneventful - I had breakfast with the family, then packed, dealt with some stuff that needs to be donated out of the house, and generally got ready to go. I said my farewells to my parents at home - [censored] was on the way back to [censored] today, so I hitched a ride rather than having my parents take me. We had a good conversation on the way up, and I wasn't quite ready for it all to end...

...but that's just the way it is. So I checked in, had a salad and a drink, and boarded my flight. Everything was super smooth and on time, but it inexplicably took 80 minutes for my bag to get off my plane - they were doing 30+ United Express flights on a single luggage carousel, so it appeared that every flight was taking an hour+ for the bags to get there. Had I known this, I would have eaten something in the airport, but c'est la vie.

I had vaguely thought I would take the much more economical bus home, but the luggage debacle made me miss the one I wanted to take, and I didn't want to wait another 45mins for the next one. So I took a lyft home, came in just long enough to throw some clothes in the wash and turn up my heat, and then went to the grocery store. This required brushing a few inches of snow off my car and almost freezing to death, since it's less than ten degrees here. But I got food, ate food, unpacked just a bit, and relaxed in an effort to wind down before the day job restarts.

Now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: