Saturday, January 26, 2019

you turned the tap dance into your crusade

I had a long day at work, but I was wearing new shoes and I had a couple of bona fide hours at my desk to get some work done, so it almost felt luxurious compared to the usual. And then I drove to Denver and had an extended girls night out with Katie - we went to Lola, where we had margaritas and guacamole and enchiladas and shrimp, as well as a v entertaining waiter and a long, delightful conversation about a variety of different topics.

Usually I stay at her place after a night like this, but I wanted to sleep in my own bed, so I stayed sober. But when I dropped her off, we discovered that James was having a problem with the carbon monoxide detector, so we took a bizarre, late trip to Target, where Katie got some new detectors and I was honored to win joke of the night.

But now I need to sleep, since I have a million things to do tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: