Tuesday, August 27, 2019

because I come from a land of plenty

I've had an awesome couple of days in Sydney, even though it's been all work (which, because I love this aspect of my job, feels like all play). Yesterday was mostly preparation - we had meetings to get ready for the event, and some walkthroughs, and a bit of time to nap. The welcome reception was last night, and there was an amazing beatboxer from Australia's Got Talent who gave us an incredible performance. After the event, several of us had to meet to prep for a later event, which of course necessitated wine.

However, even though we were happily after partying in the hotel bar, I went to bed relatively early last night. I was supposed to get up at six for my preso, but I woke up at four and couldn't sleep. So it was a tough start, especially since I had to present to my VP's boss without the aid of my usual caffeine overdose.

But the preso went well, and I survived the immediate crash in energy levels that I expected. The rest of the day was fun, and we did a volunteer activity, had a great dinner, had some Aboriginal dancers with a digeridoo player, etc.

I could say more, but I'm falling asleep and can't stay awake and longer... So goodnight!

No comments: