Sunday, August 11, 2019

allegedly

Thanks almost entirely to [censored], we accomplished a ton of house stuff today. I woke up around eight and couldn't hear him moving around, so assumed he was asleep - and so, like a good host, I stayed in bed to avoid waking him. However, it turns up [censored] woke up at 6:45, and spent some quality time alone in the basement changing my lightbulbs. Ha.

So, we spent the morning doing some stuff around the house, such as rearranging the basement and exploring my doorbell setup. I then ran to buy groceries for tonight, and then [censored] and I grabbed lunch at Chipotle before beginning another shopping spree. We ended up going to Home Depot, Costco, a farm/garden supply store, and back to Home Depot - that means I've made three Home Depot trips in two days, which is more than I would typically make in two years of renting.

sssanyway, when we got back to the house, I had to cook - I made a lemon cake, roasted a bunch of tomatoes low and slow for a caprese salad, and prepped some lemony roasted chicken to go along with it. While I was being that kind of domestic, [censored] exhibited his mechanical prowess by swapping out my garage door lock for a keypad lock, and also installing my new Nest Hello doorbell camera. I'm particularly excited about the doorbell camera - it's nice to see who shows up and have a bit of a record of what's happening, and it was pretty cool that [censored] could do it (it involves wiring, and knowing where your transformers and other tings are, so it was beyond my skillset).

Just as I was sliding the chicken into the oven, Katie arrived - it's her birthday (happy birthday!) and James and the girls went out of town this afternoon, so she was footloose and fancy free (or, more likely, looking for companionship). She brought over stuff for mojitos, so we had quite the feast - [censored] brought sweet corn from Iowa, and between that, the tomato/mozzarella salad, and the chicken, no one walked away hungry.

We then spent a perfectly idyllic evening on my back patio, which is a truly joyful place to hang out. I also lit a bunch of candles on the lemon cake in honor of Katie's birthday. And then, when the party was finally over, Katie left and [censored] and I watched another couple of episodes of Letterkenny. And now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: