Saturday, August 10, 2019

pitter patter

This morning started off a little rough, because I accidentally called Priyanka at 7am her time while trying to edit her contact info (since for some reason I woke up and remember that I still had their old address in my contact list). She answered immediately, no doubt assuming something terrible had happened for me to be calling at 7am - so that was awkward. But I netted a podcast recommendation out of it, so I suppose that was #worthit?

But the rest of the day was smooth sailing. [censored] and I mostly messed around the house in the morning, and then we decided to grab lunch at Matador. Happily, Katie was able to join us, so we spent some quality time catching up over chips and tacos (my tacos were particularly excellent, so I'll have to have them again someday). Then we all came back to my place - Katie was looking for a quiet place to work, so she hung out here while [censored] and I ran house errands.

This mostly meant Home Depot, where I accomplished more saving and more doing (and more spending) - we got supplies to fix my leaking bathroom faucet, as well as some pruning equipment and lightbulbs and a rubber mallet and some other supplies. We also checked out Costco, where we picked up some shelves for my basement. When we got home, [censored] was able to mostly fix the leaking faucet (I am v. impressed by his skills, although I'm a little nervous because we didn't agree to an hourly rate in advance).

Then we probably should have continued to do house stuff, but we're both on vacation - so instead, I ordered some truly excellent Chinese delivery, and we watched a season and a half of Letterkenny (a Canadian comedy on Hulu that is somehow both incredibly dumb and totally hilarious). And now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: