Thursday, August 29, 2019

tell the driver make the radio play

I survived my trip to Sydney by the skin of my teeth - it was all amazing and the event went off without a hitch, but it also took every last one of my energy reserves. It required me to be on for at least sixteen hours a day, either wrangling/motivating/hanging out with internal people or doing the same for our guests. And because of the jetlag, I maybe got six hours of sleep a night.

Of course, last night was worse than that because it was the last night - so ten of us went out to find some fun. We started with a drink at Grandma's, which I loved; then we went to two more bars, which were both v cool. By the end I wouldn't say I was super drunk since I paced myself, but by the time I got back and packed it was 3am, which did not bode well for me and getting on my foot this morning.

But I made it (and ran into a few coworkers at the airport, all of whom were miserable) and slept the whole way. When I got here, my friend Nalini picked me up, and we spent the rest of the day hanging out. She also intro'd me to her local writer friends, so we had a great dinner tonight.

Now though I need to sleep - my deficit is overwhelming, to the point that I keep dropping the phone on my face because I'm falling sleep. More to come - goodnight!

No comments: