Tuesday, August 20, 2019

sun went down over pompeii

Sorry for not blogging last night - I was on a work retreat and didn't really feel like pulling out my phone at 1am after being disconnected for most of the day. We went up to Devil's Thumb Ranch, which is the same place we went last year, and it was pretty perfect. I drove up with Kristen, since we both get carsick and can't handle the bus through the mountains; we left my place around nine and were up there by eleven, which made for a relaxing day.

My only activity was a massage (rough life), and then I spent the rest of the day talking / drinking / eating / talking some more. The food wasn't nearly as good as it was last year, so I didn't really have enough to eat - but I definitely had enough to drink (mostly rosé). As per usual, I was part of the group that shut down the bar at the end of the night, and it was all very fun and entertaining and relaxing.

Unfortunately, today was the opposite of that - I had to drive home, and I really didn't feel all that well. Too many days of fun / overeating / #roséallday meant my body hit a wall, and my stomach has been hurting most of the afternoon/evening. So, I did a bit of work this afternoon, but I also napped. And I went out for pho for dinner even though it was 95 degrees out - chicken pho with rice noodles is about as close to chicken noodle soup as I can get in my gluten-free state, and it was the right kind of mild dish that my stomach needed.

And now that I've done some work for the last couple of hours, I really need to sleep - tomorrow I have to slog relentlessly so that I can come home and pack for Sydney. Goodnight!

No comments: