Thursday, August 08, 2019

found myself in a conversation

I spent the day working, which should surprise no one. But I left at 5:30 and made a Target run - I needed a bath mat for the guest bathroom, along with some other items, and there was no better time to make it happen like the last possible moment before my first guest. So I accomplished the Target run, then washed my car (so that [censored[ doesn't judge the fact that I still had gravel dust on it from my trip home on the 4th of July), then came home and did a couple of hours of stuff around the house. I'm discovering the slight annoyances that I knew I would eventually discover, like the fact that there is no good place in the kitchen for a trash can, or that there are no drawers in the guest bathroom vanity. But these are minor things, and the rest of the house is still wonderful, so #noregrets.

So I did a bunch of house stuff, and then spent a bit of time procrastinating / doing a tiny bit of work stuff. And now I really need to sleep - I've got meetings pretty much straight from 8am to 2pm, and [censored] is showing up at some point, and then we have epic weekend plans. Goodnight!

No comments: