Tuesday, August 06, 2019

don't tell me i lost a step

Today was long - I wrote a bit before work, showered, barely made it to the office in time (but succeeded), and then slogged until 5:45. Then I ran an errand at the mall (returning all the dresses I bought for Subz's birthday party, since I only kept one of the eight that I ordered), grabbed dinner at Motomaki, and drove home. On the way, I talked to [censored] - he's on his way out here this weekend, so we had to coordinate some last-minute logistics.

When I got home, I spent a bit of time organizing tings, putting away clothes, etc. And then, unfortunately, I worked for the last two hours. Contrary to popular belief, I don't work all the time - but between moving, writing, friends, family, and work, the combination of everything is resulting in a wee bit of stress (and way more stress than any individual issue would cause). But I'm getting settled enough that I'm not quite as stressed about house/moving stuff - which means catching up on some lingering work stuff now is a good use of time, as that may decrease my overall stress load if I'm not bogged down by remembering everything I haven't done.

But my laptop battery is about to die and my personal body battery is also about to die, so it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: