Thursday, August 22, 2019

women glow and men chunder

Yes, I will likely quote "land down under" for the entirety of my trip. I'm such a stereotype.

sssanyway, I'm on my way to Sydney for a big event my team is responsible for. Today was a mad dash - I woke up at 6:45 and went nonstop to get ready. I hadn't packed and I also had to do a bunch of work, and also close up my house, so it was a bit of a mess. But I packed, did some work, went to some meetings, shoved some lunch in my mouth, took out the trash, and made it out the door on schedule. That gave me time in Denver to have more food at my beloved/loathed Cantina Grill before heading to LAX.

Luckily, I decided at the last minute to throw the contents of my backpack into a rolling carry-on - it feels silly since I also checked a suitcase, but my neck is grateful since it took at least forty minutes to walk across LAX to my gate. Also luckily, I have status on United, so I could get into the business lounge despite not flying business...so I had some rosé while sitting in a rooftop lounge and doing some more work. It was quite nice to get some fresh air before boarding my flight, which was pretty much the only good thing about going through LAX.

And now I'm on the plane, and ready for the next thirteen hours of my life. Auckland is next... Goodnight!

No comments: