Sunday, August 04, 2019

secretly canadian

I had a perfect day in the city of sin, and so I'm simultaneously extremely homesick for my life here and also extremely eager to get back to Denver and my house and my life. I had intended to spend the morning socializing, but I instead decided to practice some self care since it feels like I haven't taken a break in forever.

That meant making a nine am appointment at my favorite nail salon for a mani/pedi - I talked to the owner off and on throughout, and she always seems happy to see me even though I'm certainly no longer a regular. Then I went to Hayes Valley to window shop (and shop shop), where I took a break for a margarita to encourage my laziness.

I then came back to the hotel and took a nap, then went to Drybar for a blowout - this is something I never do since my hair doesn't really need a blowout, but my room hair dryer was missing and a decided that was a sign.

And then I spent the night celebrating Lauren's (aka Subz's) birthday. We went to Lazy Bear, which has two Michelin stars and completely surpassed the hype. It was one of the more decadent meals I have had in awhile... Perhaps tomorrow night I'll have the energy to explain. But right now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: