Monday, August 05, 2019

hold tight london

I awoke this morning completely not in the mood to get out of bed, and so I put it off far longer than intended. When I finally got ready, I could have made it out the door by 8:20ish...but that put me at risk of being ten minutes late for my first meeting. So, I decided at the last minute (like, when the keys were in my hand) to work from home today.

This was probably a wise move - my mood didn't really get better, so working from home spared others (I'm so altruistic). But I did take a nice break to talk to Alana, who has read my blog for a long time (which meant she knew way more about me than I knew about her, although we attempted to rectify that). And when I was done with meetings for the day I took a quick nap, which was v. restorative - I think most of my mood was due to not getting enough sleep the last couple of weeks.

After that, I did some stuff around the house, ate some food, journaled, took care of some personal tasks, etc. And I spent the last couple of hours clearing out work email - I'm down to about seventy, not all which require a response, but it's way better than the 1500+ that were lurking. I archived most of them without reading, but it was v. freeing to go through and get rid of all the stuff that had stopped mattering or that got discussed in other contexts. I'm usually pretty good about cherry-picking the stuff I have to know...and it's really interesting to see how little the rest of it really matters.

sssanyway. Now I should go to bed, and you should read this awesome Twitter thread from a baker/scientist who harvested some 4500-year-old yeast from Egyptian pottery and made bread with it. If the apocalypse starts now, we know why. Goodnight!

No comments: