Wednesday, August 14, 2019

in the city of palms

I'm tired and rather cranky - I did not feel particularly successful or sparkly at work today, and my evening was shot because I had a meeting from 6:30-7 and another from 8:30-9. But this stress is all in my head... Or at least mostly in my head. The director I met with tonight expressed sympathy because he has heard several times that my project is going to solve everything, which is patently not true...but the fact that he's not the first person to tell me this probably explains why my stress is abnormally high.

sssanyway, I did take a break to take a free cooking class at work - we made chicken souvlaki (basically chicken skewers) and tzatziki sauce, which is one of my favorite things to order at Mediterranean restaurants, and so I really wanted to do the class. There's a really nice demonstration kitchen in my building that I never take advantage of because I'm always in meetings, so it was great to take a break for it.

And now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: