Tuesday, August 13, 2019

flying like a cannonball

I really wasn't in it to win it this morning - I haven't been getting enough sleep and it's starting to affect me, so I'm going to bed as soon as I finish this. I tried writing this morning with marginal success, and then went to the office (also with marginal success). But I left at 5:15 to have happy hour with Vicky - she's another manager in the office who I don't work closely with, but we sensed that we could become friends, and so we finally got together outside the office. The verdict (at least on my side) is that we could definitely become friends, so hopefully we do this again sometime.

But after much talking over a glass of rosé at Pizzeria Locale, I dropped her off to get her bike, and then I grabbed food at Motomaki since we hadn't had pizza at Pizzeria Locale (what a waste). Then I drove back to Denver and was so tired when I got here that I took a twenty-minute nap, which is a bold move at 9pm. But I had a meeting at 9:30pm, so I really needed a bit of energy boost to get through it. And now that my meeting is over, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: