Saturday, August 17, 2019

darling our disease is the same one as the trees

My house continues to delight, although there is so much that I want to do that I don't really feel relaxed here yet. I spent approximately six hours doing a bunch of stuff around the house (after I went to Starbucks to get some iced coffee as fuel) - mostly focused on my office, which is still a disaster. But I also tidied up downstairs, cleaned my bathrooms, changed the guest room sheets, etc - my friend Sara came over to spend the night (more on that later), so I had to get everything cleaned up for that.

I really wanted to keep pressing on with the house, but I had to stop around three to get a hair cut. I tried a new salon because they have Davines products (which I love almost as much as Aveda, and in some cases more). I liked my stylist overall and thought she did a great job with the instructions I have her, but I may have leaned in too much on my desire for messy beachy hair, because it has way more layers than I'm accustomed to. We'll see what it settles into tomorrow - it certainly feels nice, so hopefully it doesn't look too crazy after I sleep on it.

Sssanyway, after the haircut I came home, made the guest bed, put on makeup, and was ready just in time for Sara to arrive. She's a coworker-friend, but she and I seem committed to being friend-friends, so we had a dinner/sleepover to seal the deal. We went to Ash'kara, which is where I went with Katie on Thursday, and we were rather hilariously at the same table with the same server that I had on Thursday. The food was just as excellent, and Sara and I had a great time there. When we were finally done, we came back to my place and sat on the patio, discussing life and work and gossip until we were both too tired to continue the shenanigans.

So now I need to sleep - tomorrow is my last day to get house stuff done for what feels like weeks, so I feel a lot of pressure to succeed. Goodnight!

No comments: