Friday, May 01, 2020

i put my hand upon the lever, said let it rock and let it roll

I took today off and it was glorious. Taking it off didn't mean that I was unproductive - I still got up, meditated, and journaled as per usual. But then I spent approximately five hours, off and on, cleaning up my yard for the next growing season. This involved deadheading a bunch of stuff and hoping it all comes back to life as the weather continues to improve. I also had to rake up a bazillion more catalpa pods from my neighbors' tree, which was not so fun. And I spread eight bags of mulch, which was almost but not quite enough - but the front yard looks much, much better than it did.

Then I showered (leisuely) and had a quick video call with Heather (aka dear respected madam). And then I took a risk and went over to Katie's for dinner - we got takeout cocktails and food from Ash'Kara, and the to-go cocktails were excellent for reminiscing and generally catching up. Then I came home, and now I am going to go to bed before this post turns into total gibberish - goodnight!

No comments: