Sunday, September 20, 2020

although this wave is stringing us along

I'm back in Denver after a v. smooth travel day (unless I got coronavirus, in which case it was not smooth at all). I woke up this morning with plenty of time to hang out, pack, eat some leftover bratwurst and potato salad, and generally relax through the morning. I eventually had to say goodbye to my parents, and then to [censored], before driving to Des Moines to catch my flight. That was all v. smooth - Des Moines is always a delight to fly out of, even when dropping off a rental car, so I had time to grab a salad while I waited.

The flight was entirely uneventful and I slept for part of it. When I got to Denver, my bag took awhile, but I blame the fact that I was at the wrong baggage carousel (I swear the announcement on the plane was for a different carousel than where they actually ended up). But getting home was super smooth - no traffic, and I was able to stop at the grocery store and grab a couple of things to make the next couple of days easier.

Then I got home, ordered some takeout Thai food, messed around online, and generally didn't do the work that I had intended to do. So I'm going to make the typical mistake of trying to go to bed early so that I can get up early and work - let's see how this goes. Goodnight!

No comments: