Tuesday, September 01, 2020

it's calling out your name

I have worked too many hours today, and I'm going to work too many hours tomorrow, so I think I need to shut my laptop and close my eyes even if I'm not feeling quite ready to sleep. Today was fine, though - I had a leisurely breakfast and hung out with my parents, and then showered before my first meeting (with my boss, hence deciding that a shower was a good idea). I then had meetings off and on the rest of the day and wasn't done until six. Then I had supper - my mom made some excellent pork chops with sweet potatoes and creamed peas, so it was a v. tasty break.

My parents started to watch a western after that that looked vaguely interesting, but I decided to be a good corporate cog and come back downstairs to do some more work. I wasn't maximally productive, but I got through some stuff that I needed to do, so the rest of the week might not be quite so bad. I'm trying to avoid having to work this weekend, but since this week and next are both short weeks and we're in the middle of performance review season, I'm honestly not sure I can get enough done tomorrow and Thursday to save myself. But we shall see, and tomorrow I shall make a valiant effort. But for now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: