Saturday, September 19, 2020

we got a fine crustacean band

It's my last day in ye olde Iowa, so I tried to make the most of it by being pretty lazy. I ran a couple of errands this morning, then ate leftover Mexican food, then spent the early afternoon continuing to be lazy. But I did eventually rally, run into the lumber yard to buy a brush, and finish painting the door for the cave - I'd put a coat on two weeks ago but wasn't able to finish due to wind conditions over labor day, but since I came home this weekend I decided to finish it. It turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself, and hopefully I won't wake up covered in chigger bites.

Then we ate a delicious supper (brats, potato salad, baked beans, deviled eggs, and hot dogs for good measure), and then I was lazy for the rest of the night. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: