Thursday, September 10, 2020

i been sippin', that's the only thing that's keepin' me on fire

I need to go to bed before it's my birthday. Today was okay, all in all; I woke up too early and didn't feel great, but I realized pretty quickly that it was anxiety/panic (for no reason other than everything globally is awful, + some small day job stresses that compounded the anxiety). So I got out of bed, made some tea, meditated, and journaled, and that all really helped.

So, I was able to tackle the day without much drama; I had a bunch of meetings from nine to five, but I had a little time to take a walk around the block, and I v. much enjoyed my leftover chili for lunch. After work, I went to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription, and then I went to the grocery store to pick up a gluten free funfetti cake (they do not sell that at Whole Foods, fyi). Then I came home, ate some takeout sushi for supper, and made myself some funfetti cupcakes. The mix is slightly drier than the standard mix - if I make them again, I would consider adding a package of vanilla pudding, which was an old trick before cakes started putting 'pudding in the mix'. But they turned out well, and I frosted some while freezing the rest, so I will have tasty funfetti snacks for awhile.

While they were baking, I did a bit of day job work, and then I got sucked into instagram and then the internet. But now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: