Saturday, September 05, 2020

second third and hundredth chances

 I'm falling asleep in my chair, so I need to go to sleep immediately. I had a nice day today, though - I spent some quality time this morning baking an early birthday cake for myself. I made the traditional lemon cake that I usually made back in the day, although I've now mostly figured out how to make it gluten free.

Then I hung out outside most of the afternoon, which was as delightful as always. At some point I took a nap, which was enough to rally for the rest of the day. My dad smoked a pork butt today, and my mom made fried potatoes and layered lettuce, and so I preemptively declared that I was celebrating my birthday tonight because it was one of my favorite meals. Then, after cake, I hung out with my parents for awhile before coming downstairs to think about my book and instead play Animal Crossing.

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: