Tuesday, September 08, 2020

they lived for a while in a very nice style but it's always the same in the end

For my first day back at work after a four-day weekend, I had surprisingly few meetings. It turns out that when I block off significant chunks of my calendar, people actually respect it - and I had blocked off this morning to recover from driving back. So, I had time to get some actual work done, which was amazing. And I made a batch of oatmeal to get me through the week, ate some leftover Indian food for lunch, had a couple of not-too-onerous meetings, and then started prepping supper while catching up on some video trainings that I needed to watch.

Tonight I made bolognese sauce, which takes approximately five hours. I was going to potentially make chicken and wild rice soup too, but I forgot to buy mushrooms, so I made black bean chili (my original plan) instead. The chili and the sauce both turned out great, and now I have food for the rest of the week without having to cook (other than boiling water for pasta to eat with the bolognese sauce).

And now I really need to go to sleep - I unfortunately have an earlyish meeting tomorrow and I want to meditate and possibly write before then. Goodnight!

No comments: